Compass Widget Lite (free)

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Compass Widget Lite (free)

Postby pcm2a » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:53 am

I have published two apps tonight to the android market. Compass Widget ($0.99) and Compass Widget Lite (free). I appreciate anyone that wants to try out the free one and provide me with feedback. I tested it on a Magic and on a G1.

The application is a 1 x 1 compass widget for the home screen. The free version gives you a text direction, like N/W along with the degrees. If you tap the icon you can pull up a config screen and select a color. You can also see some images there of what the full version offers.

The full version has 4 additional compasses to choose from that are various types of arrows that will rotate as the compass moves.

I'm super excited about publishing my first app out there and got a solid amount of help from this great site!
pcm2a
Developer
Developer

Postby Christoph » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 am

also works on htc hero.

but to be honest, doesn't look very sexy 8)
Christoph
Developer
Developer

Postby pcm2a » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 am

Lol, thanks for that info. I tested it on my Magic with Cupcake and with a Hero Sense UI rom, but great to know it works on a real Hero.

I got quite a few ideas of stuff to add to both the free and pay versions.

Edit: Holy bananas, I only released this stuff late last night and the free version is already over 500 downloads!
pcm2a
Developer
Developer

Postby pcm2a » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:02 am

Since I released my original free and pay version I sure have spent a boatload of house adding features to both versions along with a ton of polishing. I'm excited that I'm up over 50 purchases, which at least pays for my dev license! I'm also up over 2000 downloads of the free versions.

I am finding that people are giving me great reviews of my pay version and terrible reviews of the free version! Maybe that's to be expected?

I know I learned a great deal from here and continue to soak it in, thanks anddev!
pcm2a
Developer
Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application