Ceenoo Android - A location-based wiki SNS

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Ceenoo Android - A location-based wiki SNS

Postby minhbui » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:44 am

Dear anddev developers,

Our team just finished the first version of Ceenoo Android. This is a client-server app based on Google Maps with some multimedia and networking functions.

We hope to receive your valuable comments and ideas or any cooperation.
You guys can download Ceenoo Android from our website: http://www.ceenoo.com/download or view screenshots at: http://www.ceenoo.com/screenshots , demo: http://www.ceenoo.com/demo
Thanks.
Minh

Here is a short description of our product.
-------------------------------------------
Ceenoo is a location-based service for mobile and web. The product was designed with main goal to make all information available to user in just several simple clicks. In Ceenoo, everything is reorganized into a hierarchical system of places. For each type of place, there will be different features. For example, a region may be a city and so can contain child places; a travel spot allows user to add info, photo and video; a university will enable student to create and manage many groups…

Not only offering stand-alone services, Ceenoo also allows user to connect to other services like Wikipedia, Flickr, Youtube… to download and upload data directly by using their own accounts instead of using only Ceenoo data server. Finally, Ceenoo allows user to invite and keep contact with their friends in an easy manner. Just by a click, user can locate exactly the position of all friends around, their status and lots of other things basing on unique features designed for mobile.
-------------------------------------------
[img]http://[/img]ImageImage
Main inteface with Google Maps

Wiki info of a place. Users can update any places information.

Users can find their friends around a place.

Users can know how many of their friends or their photos, video which were posted on the map.
Last edited by minhbui on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
minhbui
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby duanng » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Kha' lam'. Chiu. kho' nhan. chi? trich' chu't ha?

- Buttons on the menu bar and forms need to be resizing smaller, restyle if needed since the default style looked crappy.
- Switch buttons on personal info form to clickable images instead.
- Reduce the number of forms if possible, and concentrate on restyling graphic of each form.
- Make some of the form such as files upload, etc… as popup windows if possible.
- Provide Breadcrumbs to know exactly where I am on the application navigation.
- … nghi~ the^m, chi? trich’ tie^p’… :wink:
duanng
Freshman
Freshman

Postby minhbui » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:46 am

Phai cam on vi duanng chi trich rat ky va chinh xac ay chu! :D

1. About button size, we already though about resizing smaller, but there is still one thing to be considered: users use fingers to press button, so if button size is smaller than default size users will feel difficult. How about your idea?

2. Switch buttons on personal info form to clickable images instead: correct, we will update it on next release.

3. Reduce the number of forms if possible, and concentrate on restyling graphic of each form: we'll try our best, this might be one of our weak points.

4. Make some of the form such as files upload, etc… as popup windows if possible: I dont understand it much. Can we implement this feature on Android ?

5. Provide Breadcrumbs to know exactly where I am on the application navigation: Will provide more Breadcrumbs...

Theo duanng thi ctrinh nay co nhung diem nao dang luu y can phat huy them ? :)
Our posted app: http://www.anddev.org/ceenoo_android_-_ ... t1641.html

-------------------------------------

www.ceenoo.com

Link people, link places

minhbui
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby duanng » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:37 pm

May hom nay ban wa' for my android project part-time and fulltime jobs, but anyway:

1. Button size on your main right bar is good enough, try to stick with that size with all of your buttons in the app. Do you know that iPhone keyboard buttons is even smaller but they still love it, don't they? As long as there is a good margin space in between each buttons. I know, there is a trade-off between graphic appreciation and functionality.

4. Yes, you can. It's Dialog.show(). All you need to do is composing an XML View Layout and inflate it in there.

5. Breadcrumbs or Header or Title bar will do to differentiate the views.

My advice is to improve graphics and add more animation to improve your chance to win. I saw that there are several projects like this introduce in the Google’s group, so watch out...
duanng
Freshman
Freshman

Postby minhbui » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am

duanng wrote:May hom nay ban wa' for my android project part-time and fulltime jobs, but anyway:

1. Button size on your main right bar is good enough, try to stick with that size with all of your buttons in the app. Do you know that iPhone keyboard buttons is even smaller but they still love it, don't they? As long as there is a good margin space in between each buttons. I know, there is a trade-off between graphic appreciation and functionality.

4. Yes, you can. It's Dialog.show(). All you need to do is composing an XML View Layout and inflate it in there.

5. Breadcrumbs or Header or Title bar will do to differentiate the views.

My advice is to improve graphics and add more animation to improve your chance to win. I saw that there are several projects like this introduce in the Google’s group, so watch out...

You have both deep understanding about Android programming and mobile interface duanng. If we win we will invite you a big party, hehe.
Are you staying in Vietnam or somewhere else? In VN I rarely know group or persons involving in Android now :)

Minh
Our posted app: http://www.anddev.org/ceenoo_android_-_ ... t1641.html

www.ceenoo.com

Link people, link places

minhbui
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application