Buddy Runner - the buddy you were waiting for

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Buddy Runner - the buddy you were waiting for

Postby EricCartman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Buddy Runner is specifically designed for people who run outdoors to get fit.

Buddy Runner is composed of two parts; an application which runs on the Android device and a personalized dashboard which is viewable via an Internet browser.
The Android application's goal is to assist the runner during their workout by providing real-time feedback (including voice feedback) as well as record their results. These results are automatically uploaded to our site at the end of the run.

We would love to get Buddy Runner reviewed by you so that we can hear what the anddev community has to say. Our development roadmap is driven by user feedback so we are anxious to hear what people have to say.

Note that although the application was designed for runners you could also use it for other outdoor sport activities as walking, biking, skiing…

You can find Buddy Runner under the Lifestyle category on the android market and visit out site at http://www.buddyrunner.com

Thanks,
Yossi
http://www.buddyrunner.com/yossi.pik
EricCartman
Freshman
Freshman

Postby StanMarsh » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm a long time runner and have tried many apps, including buddy runner, as a cheap alternative to purchasing one of those expensive $300 things they call watches. However, after trying them all out, I'd have to say BuddyRunner is one of the lower end apps and I was not very thrilled with its lack of functionality. SportyPal, MyTracks, and CardioTrainer all seem better, but only lack in advertising which BuddyRunner has tons of, which would explain how BR is still in business. Personally, I like CardioTrainer the most, for it has quite a number of functions which make it a bit better than MyTracks (Voice Command, Facebook app, and a "Race Against Yourself" feature). SportyPal would be a close second due to its beautiful UI (Although that's all that it really has running for it). For all Android users, I heartily suggest CardioTrainer over BuddyRunner. You can check out their website at http://www.worksmartlabs.com/cardiotrainer/about.php. Or you could just download it in the Android Market. If memory serves, its under the Lifestyle tab and if you search by popularity, it should be near the top.
StanMarsh
Freshman
Freshman

Postby zilbao » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:09 am

Why such anger? For a free applications? Hmm....

Users will decide

CT arrived first, Tracks have a "Back" .Buddy runner has own concept...SPORTYPAL arrived last,

CT has voice commands,
Tracks a lot of info
Buddy has a money for campaign beside is nice app ot not.
Sportypal has, beautiful and functional UI

YOU REALLY REALY MISS A LOT

Tracks has integration with Google stuff....
Buddy has a nice app flow and interesting web oriented to runners...
Sportypal is running on (Android, Iphone, Nokia, WinMo, Blackberry) and there is powerful community site...

Don't push too much people may notice that you are spamming.
Zilbao
zilbao
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby StanMarsh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 pm

zilbao wrote:Don't push too much people may notice that you are spamming.

no u.
StanMarsh
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application