Bubble Squeeze - Motion Controlled Bubble Shooter

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Postby jstock » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:09 am

Hi Folks,
I’m working on my first Android game and really could use some feedback. The game is a motion controlled bubble shooter, think bubble buster but with accelerometer support to move the shooter. I’d like to know what you like about the game, dislike, etc.

I’m particularly interested in knowing how you like the motion based controls versus the typical touch controls in the other bubble shooters. Also, some users have reported the shooter not moving for them, but don’t leave any details on what type of phone they use. Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... bleSqueeze

Things I know I need before leaving beta:
1) Bubble bursting animation.
2) Level won/lost artwork.
3) More levels.
I’m really interesting in hearing your feedback!
Regards,
Jason

bubble_squeeze_ss1_shrunk.jpg
Bubble Squeeze Screenshot
bubble_squeeze_ss1_shrunk.jpg (13.59 KiB) Viewed 302 times

bubble_squeeze_qr.png
Bubble Squeeze Qr
bubble_squeeze_qr.png (497 Bytes) Viewed 302 times
jstock
https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... queezelite
jstock
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Bubble Squeeze - Motion Controlled Bubble Shooter

Postby BenjaminJC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Looks good. The movement could be slightly..."smoother"...but that is a minor issue. I think the only real problem I noticed was how un-steady the shooter was due to tilt aiming.

I think it's a good bubble shooter, but there are a lot of ways to truly stand out from the pack.

Why not add rainbow "wild card" bubbles to shoot, that will automatically become whatever it needs to be to get a row, along with perhaps enemies that move around the screen and deflect bubbles (do that with simple, slow levels, with an enemy of a certain color playing interference. It will deflect all bubbles that arn't its color that it hits, forcing players to not only aim well, but time their shots. If you hit the enemy with a bubble of it's color, it is vanquished.

You can add LARGE bubbles (either on the level or that you shoot), as well, to make things really tough. :D

And maybe a "spear" move, usable only once per X points or X combos, that will pop everything in front of it in a straight line.

Thoughts?
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby jstock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks for the feedback. I've noticed on my colleague's Nexus 1 the movement seemed a little rough, but it's much smoother on my droidx. What kind of phone were you playing the game on?

Right now we're just trying to wrap up a few of the loose ends on getting the 1.0 release out, then we'll start working on the unique features for our 1.1 release. The rainbow "wild card" bubbles was definitely one of the ideas we were considering. We hadn't thought of the Jumbo bubbles, that might be cool too. You'll definitely see some unique game artifacts in the 1.1 release.

Thanks again for your feedback,
Jason
jstock
https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... queezelite
jstock
Freshman
Freshman

Postby BenjaminJC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Awesome.

As for the device, I was using an HTC desire.
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application