Bookamak Virtual Pinboard

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Bookamak Virtual Pinboard

Postby Danuubz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:13 am

I would like to present my new Android Application Bookamak Virtual Pinboard

It is designed to make sheets with notes on a pinboard that is larger than the screen (you can scroll it). There are several features added to it like:

- using different colour, width and height for the sheet
- scrollable virtual keyboard for 320x480 resolution
- adapted layout for 320x480 and 480x320
- you can bind the sheet to a URL, if you press 'connect', the browser loads that URL.

The application is not on the market yet, but I have made a video which can be seen on Youtube:

I appreciate your feedback!
Danuubz
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:13 am

Looks good, both functionally and visually.
But the onscreen keyboard, ... not so much... :). But it's a nice feature to have!

The application is something in the line of what I wanted myself. But as I'm working on another app at the moment, I don't have time to do that.

Too bad this can't be used as widget on the desktop... (Though, you could render your pinboard to bitmap and put that on the desktop!)
MrSnowflake

Postby Danuubz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks for feedback.

MrSnowflake wrote:But the onscreen keyboard, ... not so much... :).

The colours on this video are generally not the same as on the device's display. Deeper blue turns into light blue and it's not as sharp and clear :(

Especially with the onscreen keyboard you get a very different impression.
Sticky Note Cork&Orc [Android Market] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWaquAwZQY
Danuubz
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:37 pm

That was not what I meant: I meant the scrolling doesn't really add to typing speed.
MrSnowflake

Postby Danuubz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:01 pm

On the video it was slow, because the mobile was in a very unconvenient position for typing (it was placed on the table in front of the camera). Additionally, I haven't used it for several days, so I was little out of training :) .
If you hold it in the other hand and got enough practise, you can easily type as fast as on the hardware keyboard.

My opinion, and some other people's that have tried it, is, that typing speed is ok after some warm-up.

If you put the entire keyboard onto the visible screen, it has both advantages and disadvantages (especially with 320 px. width, you would press 3 buttons at once). I have tried that approach too, but even if it may look usable on the emulator, on the G1 it is real torture that way.

-> my finger is 1,6 cm wide, the screen is 4,5 cm wide.
Sticky Note Cork&Orc [Android Market] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWaquAwZQY
Danuubz
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby Danuubz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:18 pm

Bookamak is now available for download on the Android Market :)
Danuubz
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application