Bluetooth PC Remote Control

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Bluetooth PC Remote Control

Postby Frink » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi everyone. I've just released the first version of my new app on the Market called 'Bluetooth Remote'

Basically it lets you take control of your Windows PC using bluetooth. You can use your hardware or software keyboard to type, or use the screen as a sophisticated touch pad. It is able to control Windows Media Player (and other media players that accept multimedia keys, eg Winamp) and some system functions - such as Monitor Off/On, Shutdown etc.

I made this because I wanted something to shut down my computer without having to get out of bed late at night. The only remote control apps I could find ran over WiFi (which is useless to me) and none of them had that function anyway. It's also perfect for anyone running a Windows-based media centre on their TV.

Please give it a go, it's a paid only app - but as always you can refund immediately if you don't think it's for you.

You'll need a device running Android 2.0 or greater, and a Windows PC with some kind of Bluetooth adapter. A small server program needs to be installed, instructions are included in the phone app (you can either download directly from the internet, or copy it from your SD card) - it does require the latest .NET framework, but the installer will download those for you if you don't already have it.

It's my first real application (I usually stick to games) so I'd really appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism. Thanks!
Frink
Developer
Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application