Beta testing - ZX Spectrum Emulator (ZXdroid)

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Beta testing - ZX Spectrum Emulator (ZXdroid)

Postby drodin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:12 am

Hi,

Last couple month I was working on port of FUSE (the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator) to Android platform.
Emulator uses fuse+libspectrum as a core in form of a native shared library, rendering is done through
GLSurfaceView, actually by calling glTexSubImage2D + glDrawTexiOES from native code to update dirty
screen regions. (Where IMHO the main problem sits, as these are hardware dependent).
Most of the testing have been done in the emulator, but closer to the final I obtained an 1.6 android device
(it is actually tricky one - Thai clone of Apanda A60, not too many of them in use =)).
I installed and run emulator on this device without any problems, and it actually working great and smooth.
As I wanted to share it with the world I uploaded it to Market, and soon come to understanding that it
don't work on many devices...

That's why I kindly ask you to test it on your Android device & attach the log info. Many Thanks.
Attachments
ZXdroid-dbg.apk
APK file
(703.96 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
drodin
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Beta testing - ZX Spectrum Emulator (ZXdroid)

Postby drodin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Finally, after some research on another forum, I came to this more or less stable version...

Problems founded were:
1) incorrect texture dimensions in glTexImage2D, must be power of 2, square, or it will not work on majority HTC's
2) most devices incorrectly support calling of multiply glTexSubImage2D before one call to glDrawTexiOES, various artifacts displayed.

Some devices are still not supported as of differences in NDK and device libc versions.

You can try it on market, or download this APK:
feedback (device/platform/working state) is really appreciated
Attachments
ZXdroid.apk
(703.67 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
drodin
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application