Some of you know what BattStatt is already, but for those of you that don't:
BattStatt is a home screen widget, presenting the current battery level of you Android device in text. So if you have 54% battery it will display "Fifty four percent".
It comes in a free and a paid (pro) version.
I have entered BattStatt into the Swedish Application Developers Contest in hope of winning a trip to Google I/O 2011 or a MacBook Pro, please vote for me: BattStatt on SADC.se (in swedish)
BattStatt Free on AppBrain
BattStatt Pro on AppBrain
BattStatt Free includes:
- Four widget sizes: large 4x1, medium 2x1, small 1x1 and small with numbers 1x1
- Some color support for text (a pre-set list of colors)
- Available in English or Swedish.
BattStatt Pro, however, contains loads more:
- Three widget sizes: Same as above but not the small with numbers, this is an option for all sizes now.
- Custom fonts!
- Text shadow.
- Custom color, pick any color you want for all of the different words.
- Custom font sizes.
- More languages: Danish, Dutch, German, English, French, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Widget tap options, choose from a list of things to happen when pressing a widget.
TODO list for next version of BattStatt:
- Show the values of the color picker while adjusting them
- Being able to manually set the color values, not just by sliding the bars
- Custom shadow options
- More options to the caps and boldify options for the action text.
Q: How can I use custom fonts?
A: By creating a folder in the root of your sdcard called .battstatt they will automatically be registered and appear in the font chooser in the configuration screen.
Q: Can you add language X?
A: Yes, if you can provide the information for me. What I need is the translation for: numbers 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, Fully charged, Empty, Percent. And if your language have some special counting rules like are you using an "and" like in german or dutch? Do you say the number part before the ten part etc.
Be sure to check out my webpage or follow me on twitter for future updates.