AndPipes - Pipes for Android - (with playable Demo)

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

How much would you spend on AndPipes

Nothing
46%
$0 - $1
31%
$1 - $2
15%
$2 - $5
8%
$5 - $10
No votes
$10 - $15
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby GasBot » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:57 am

android-freeware wrote:plusminus, on your place I would simply release your games for free. Believe me or not but for just 2 or 5 bucks per app won't make you a fortune. If you want to charge people via e.g. PayPal then PayPal will take most of the money as transaction fee (with small amounts it's not profitable). From the distribution as freeware you get a great exposure of your brand and can turn your freeware users into potential customers. Anyway, welcome to the software business, there are many interesting things to learn :)

What are you babbling about? PayPal at most will charge a 3% transaction fee. So basically 6 to 15 cents. Beyond that, it's all his. So if 100k people download one of his $2 games, that's $194,000. Not too shabby, and will help push him to upgrade the game or create completely new games/applications for people to use.
GasBot
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby android-freeware » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:45 pm

GasBot wrote:What are you babbling about?

Please keep your language clean if you expect further answers.

GasBot wrote:PayPal at most will charge a 3% transaction fee. So basically 6 to 15 cents. Beyond that, it's all his.

Domestic (Germany->Germany) transactions cost 3.4% + €0.35 EUR, European transactions cost slightly more. From the rest of the World even more.

GasBot wrote:So if 100k people download one of his $2 games, that's $194,000. Not too shabby, and will help push him to upgrade the game or create completely new games/applications for people to use.

At first, 100k download != 100k transactions. A very optimistic conversion rate from a demo user to a customer would be at most 10%. Secondly, how much money are you going to spend on heavy promotion just to reach these 100k downloads? And how long will it take? Just out of my curiosity, am I talking here to a software developer?
Check our collection of Free Android Software.
android-freeware
Freshman
Freshman

Postby GasBot » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:52 pm

Yes, I'm a software developer. If the application is useful or fun, reaching 100k users isn't hard at all. Also, I was talking about 100k paid users, not how many downloads there would be. So if a million people downloaded it, and 100k paid, you get the idea.

Also I wasn't using any bad language. The person who I was replying to was saying that it's not worth it to charge any money for an app if it's only $2-5 per license. I was saying that that comment is nonsensical and easily disproved.
GasBot
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Previous

Return to Promote your Android Application