AndNav! - Android Map-Routing-System!

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Postby papaya » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:30 am

plusminus wrote:
ChrisAshton84 wrote:Hi, I just noticed you are working on a version that uses OpenStreetMaps?! Great! I've been interested in seeing open maps on an actual device. (I live in a new subdivision which after a year still does not show up on any of the map databases.) If you make any progress with this I'd love to know as it'd be great to have GPS which can actually get me home.

Also, if you're going to be using this, could you add an option to log your coords? I know there are other apps which do this for android but they all seem to require an online account. Being able to log new streets in this app and upload them to the OpenStreetMaps site would be ideal - I know the site already has people doing this, but allowing anyone with an android phone to contribute would really help.

Thanks, and I hope this works out!

Hi Chris,

I'm doing all that :) : Logging GPS-Traces and contribute them back to OSM.
So if you have driven on an unknown street once, and check back some days later, you can expect AndNav2 / OSM to have that street now available :!:

My coworker in Germany just set up some Routing-Data for AndNav2 for me to test here in College Park, MD and it works amazing :)

Best Regards,
plusminus

Hi plusminus
AndNav2 is a goog NAVA for driver,how about to set up some Routing-Data for china?
papaya
Freshman
Freshman

RE:

Postby peter » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Hello plusminus!

I just wanted to let you know that I've been using AndNav1 for a few weeks... there is so much potential, you've done a great job so far. I'm a software developer myself, working in my free time to learn the android API. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

I'm sure you've moved well past AndNav1 with the second version, but I can provide you with a list of bugs I've come across if you want.

Good luck with OSM!

-Peter
peter
Once Poster
Once Poster

Offline mode...

Postby jirityr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi,

I really appreciate your work on this application. It would be great to have fully working GPS on my G1. What I'm missing in the AndNav is the offline mode - to navigate even without the Internet connection.

I can see a simple solution - cache the Google Maps pictures locally on the device. When I would plane my trip I must be connected to the Internet. AndNav would load all necessary pictures in several (user defined) zoom levels and save it for future use during the trip navigation. What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Jiri
jirityr
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Offline mode...

Postby plusminus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi jirityr,

AndNav2 is having some really nice offline-features =)
Have a look at http://www.andnav.org

Best Regards,
Nicolas

jirityr wrote:Hi,

I really appreciate your work on this application. It would be great to have fully working GPS on my G1. What I'm missing in the AndNav is the offline mode - to navigate even without the Internet connection.

I can see a simple solution - cache the Google Maps pictures locally on the device. When I would plane my trip I must be connected to the Internet. AndNav would load all necessary pictures in several (user defined) zoom levels and save it for future use during the trip navigation. What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Jiri
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby linkmaster_6 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:42 pm

This is going to be a stupid question but did you devople this on a old version of the sdk and it runs on the newest version?
linkmaster_6
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby tanjian » Mon May 04, 2009 7:38 pm

hello
I can not run the code above.
inserted in the java and when I start the application by android gives me a screen black.why?
tanjian
Freshman
Freshman

Postby razor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 pm

I couldn't run AndNav2 on HTC Magic, it crashed right after running, should i put images/tiles (mapnik) on my SD card ?

How do you compute a route ? are analize images? or there are vector data available ?
or do you use http://www.openrouteservice.org/ for example ?
razor
Freshman
Freshman

Help me Master

Postby batakkeren » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:18 am

Hi master,

im a new beginner android developer
can you help me...
give me some sample App script..

in listview menu, on item click goes to run another activity/menu/class or something else
layout changes..

if you dont mind send me email :
rully.hasibuan@ymail.com

i just wanna learn how powerful android is
thanks alot

-batakkeren
Im a beginner android developer,
batakkeren
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ikerc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 pm

razor wrote:I couldn't run AndNav2 on HTC Magic, it crashed right after running, should i put images/tiles (mapnik) on my SD card ?

How do you compute a route ? are analize images? or there are vector data available ?
or do you use http://www.openrouteservice.org/ for example ?

i've understood mapnik images are only here to download less if you have a limited data connexion.
but you must have one connexion, require for vectors.
i haven't data connexion and i'm searching how to store vectors on SD.

use openrouteservice.org if i have understand
ikerc
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: AndNav! - Android Map-Routing-System!

Postby bingtian » Tue May 25, 2010 6:25 pm

It's Great!!
I like it!
can you share some tutorials?
bingtian
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby basit » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:31 am

hai plusminus can you help me.
i've a prolem wih my aplikasi, I want when I inputting characters into my edittext. will not disappear even if I close my application. can you help my prolem??? thnkzzz
basit
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby caotiantupi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:07 am

looks really cool!!!
caotiantupi
Freshman
Freshman

Postby therohan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi guys,
I came across this very interesting contest for developers in India to win some great prizes. txtWeb presents App2Fame - an online National Level Developer Challenge for those who want to make an impact with their work. Test your innovative skills and develop ultimate cool SMS based mobile apps.
Check this:http://www.app2fame.com/contest.html
therohan
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby pfixer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm very disappointed that App submission is now closed for App2Fame 2011. Last date of app spy phone submission was 30-June-2011.
Last edited by pfixer on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
pfixer
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby siddartha05 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

siddartha05
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Promote your Android Application