After many trials and tribulations, GasBot is released!

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

After many trials and tribulations, GasBot is released!

Postby GasBot » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:45 am

GasBot allows you to find prices for all of the gas stations near you. You can modify your search settings to include different fuel types, a bigger or smaller search radius, sort by price or distance from you and limit the number of stations returned.

For more information, visit http://www.gasbot.net

Also, since there's a more technical crowd here, I'd appreciate any feedback given. It seems that on a very limited number (looks like about 5 or 6 different G1's so far) of handsets, it just dies right when you start it. If anyone here gets it, please let me know all of the technical data you can about your phone set up. I'd like to start figuring out what system configurations could possibly cause this.
GasBot
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby GasBot » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Also, I figured out the force close issue people have been having. It appears that the phone number in their Settings -> About phone -> Status menu is blank. Anyone know how to fix that?
GasBot
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Gasbot trial period how to

Postby HvwAndroid » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Dear Gasbot,

Your gasbot app looks very neat (on the web). How did you manage to enforce a license after the trial period elapsed?

Thanks in advance
HvwAndroid
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Gasbot trial period how to

Postby GasBot » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

HvwAndroid wrote:Dear Gasbot,

Your gasbot app looks very neat (on the web). How did you manage to enforce a license after the trial period elapsed?

Thanks in advance

Since the application calls in looking for updates, it can validate their account and make sure that they have a valid license. If not it tells them they need to do that before they can go anywhere.
GasBot
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby bbern » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:17 am

GasBot wrote:Also, I figured out the force close issue people have been having. It appears that the phone number in their Settings -> About phone -> Status menu is blank. Anyone know how to fix that?

Try Dialing: #686#

(The #'s are required) You should see: "USSD Code Updating" and then it should tell you your phone number.
bbern
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Promote your Android Application