I just wrote this little application for the android because I'm sick of all the converters that have a thousand different units to convert between, and a nightmare to scroll through.
It's lightweight, it's gratis and it's free, released under the GNU GPL.
aConverter is a tiny converter for the Android platform where everything is on one screen. It converts back and forth between 105 different units in 11 different categories, including: Area, Energy, Force, Length, Mass, Mileage, Power, Pressure, Temperature, Torque and Volume which are most of the official (and some unofficial) units in the English Imperial System and the Metric System.
Full list of available units can be found in the README file.
Precompiled and signed (apk) - see attachments
Sources - see attachments
Market - AndroLib
Sun Feb 14, 2010 - 0.2.0
* NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to enable saving/loading of unit
selections and amount to convert within each category.
* BUG FIXES: Conversion using negative numbers is now possible(oops )
* MISC: Prefixes added as a category.
* MISC: Some minor UI changes: The biggest change is the new
preferences window that allows you to enable/disable
different functions. One minor but noticeable change is that
swapping is now done through the menu.
* MISC: Notification when copying result to clipboard. This can be
turned off in the preferences.
* MISC: New icon. Thanks to Thomas Le.
Fri Apr 03, 2009 - 0.1.2
* BUG FIXES: Preferences are really saved on exit and loaded on startup.
* MISC: The drop down item lists are now bigger.
Thu Apr 02, 2009 - 0.1.1
* NEW FEATURE: Preferences are saved on exit and loaded on startup.
* BUG FIXES: When the amount-field is selected, units are no longer
switched when pressing left/right.
* MISC: New icon.
Tue Mar 31, 2009 - 0.1.0
Please don't hestitate to post your thoughts and/or ideas.