aCar - Track your vehicles

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

aCar - Track your vehicles

Postby Armond » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:58 pm

[UPDATED for v2.5.x]

Hi Guys,

It's a few days I've released my first Android application (aCar) to Google Android Market under "Productivity" category (for FREE). aCar is an all-in-one handy application to effectively track the fuel mileage and costs, maintenance, business (and non-business) trips/mileages and general expenses of your vehicles.

Feature List:
* Tracking the fuel mileage, fillup costs, maintenance and general expenses of your vehicles
* Tracking the business trips/mileages you're going with your vehicles
* Multiple vehicles support
* Supporting several international units: MPG (US, Canada & Imperial), gal/100mi (US & Imperial), mi/L, km/gal (US & Imperial), L/100km, km/L
* Service reminders for vehicles (both time and mileage based); will be posted on your phone status bar. They are highly customizable for each vehicle separately
* Thorough statistics of your vehicles at a glance
* Powerful searching and filtering
* Graphical charts and reports: Fuel Efficiency, Fuel Price, Fuel Costs, Service Costs, General Expenses, Distance between FillUps, Price per Gallon/Liter, Gallons/Liters per FillUp and many more (Pro Feature!)
* Comparison charts for your vehicles (Pro Feature!)
* Full manual/automatic data and application settings backup/restore (Pro Feature!)
* Importing data from various sources: Auto 3in1 application (Windows), AutoMobile application (PalmOS/Windows/Android), Mileage application (Android), MPG application (PalmOS/iOS), Road Trip application (iOS), TealAuto application (PalmOS/WebOS), Vehicle Manager application (Windows), Fuelly.com website, FuelFrog.com website, SpritMonitor.de website and any plain Excel compatible CSV file (Pro Feature!)
* Exporting records to Excel compatible CSV format (Pro Feature!)
* Exporting statistics to Excel compatible CSV and browser viewable HTML formats (Pro Feature!)

The application contains a FAQ (accessible from the main screen) where you can find the frequently asked questions. This is a good place to start with if you are experiencing any problem, before contacting me!

I will appreciate if any of you download and give it a try and let me know what you think. Whether the overall user interface of the application is intuitive and good enough, or how you would like to see it improved. I need all your feedback, comments, complaints, mentioning of pros and cons, or whatever else you would like to share about this application, good or bad! All are welcome!

More information: http://www.zonewalker.com/acar

And some inline screen shots:

Image Image Image Image

Thank you,
Armond
Last edited by Armond on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Armond
Freshman
Freshman

v1.3.0 has been released!

Postby Armond » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, the recent versions include manual and fully automatic backup/restore and data import from various sources plus several minor enhancements and bug fixes.

And in the just-released version 1.3.0 I've included data export to Excel compatible CSV format. Now you can view your data on your PC!

Enjoy!
Armond
Freshman
Freshman

Postby kec6227 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm

I like the app. My only suggestion would be consider an autocomplete hint for the car brands (BMW, Chrysler, Honda, etc..) Most of those don't change very often so maintanence wouldn't be too too bad.
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Postby Armond » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:12 pm

kec6227 wrote:I like the app. My only suggestion would be consider an autocomplete hint for the car brands (BMW, Chrysler, Honda, etc..) Most of those don't change very often so maintanence wouldn't be too too bad.

Thanks for your feedback. I just added your request to my feature request list. I will try to consider this in a future version.

Best Regards,
Armond
Freshman
Freshman

Postby deadmouz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:00 am

This is real nice app..i have it on y phone!!
Live Strong! Go Green!
www.androidstickers.com
deadmouz
Freshman
Freshman

version 2.0.x is out!

Postby Armond » Sun May 09, 2010 6:49 am

It's a few days I've released version 2.0.x which is complete redesign of the entire user interface and a major update along with many enhancements and new features.

Complete Release Notes:
http://zonewalker.com/acar/release-notes

# See the [UPDATED] screen shots in the first post of this thread

I'm eagerly waiting for your feedback on this release...
Armond
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application