I am the author of a Flight planning program called AviatorCalc (See www.aviatorcalc.com
) which is written in J2ME.
I first converted my standard aviatorcalc.jar file to aviatorcalc.apk using the following link.
I obtained an Android emulator which I downloaded from:
http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f3/j ... -out-6129/
I had to switch of Aircraft mode to access the internet via the Android Web browser.
I put the aviiatorcalc.jar on my web site and downloaded it into the emulator. It automatically downloaded the Netmite J2ME runner at the same time. I chose the option to directly load down from the developers site.
You can get this emulator directly from http://www.netmite.com/android/index.html
I ran my application but these were results.
For the most part the programs ran however I found the character display particularly in forms was very poor. Not at all sharp or clear.
I could not scroll down through lists.
Some graphics did not display correctly.
For instance a simple race track pattern used by aircraft when they are holding displayed as an oval.
I got a proffesional Boeing 767 pilot to test my program on a real Android phone (HTC Nexus One) and the results were the same so the problems on the face of it the Netmite run time seems to have problems which I don't see in other J2ME runners.
I downloaded and installed version 220.127.116.11 but the results were the same.
If anyone has experience of the Netmite runner please share them with this forum.