how to encode DVD to iTunes for iPad/iPod/iPhone 4

Discuss porting Android to any device.

how to encode DVD to iTunes for iPad/iPod/iPhone 4

Postby amy0327 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:20 am

source: DVD to iTunes
Profiting the high audio/video quality, iPad, iPhone(4) and iPod are always fantastic portable devices for playing videos. Many young people are hot for watching DVD Movies on their iPad/iPod/iPhone. Meanwhile, they also met some questions about converting dvd to iTunes before putting dvd to their portable devices.

Question: I own a lot of DVDs I want to put on iTunes (totally new territory with this conversion stuff). which software actually converts copy-protected DVD movies to MPeg4 for my iTunes and iPod. How long does it takes to transfer a 1.5~2 hour DVD? I also want to convert tv shows purchased from iTunes and play them in my DVD player. I want to be able to go both directions.

In this article, i will Share 2 ways to convert and import DVD to iTunes for iPad, iPod and iPhone(40

Way 1: Free to rip DVD to iTunes with VLC player

Step 1: Insert your DVD and run your VLC Player. When you click the media, the Open Media Window will pop up and you want to click on the Disc tab.

Step 2: Check DVD to make sure the disc device field specifies to the optical drive with the DVD, and hit Convert/Save to start ripping.

Tips:
* Click "convert /save", you are allowed to select a location for the ripped file.
* Remember to give the ripped file a name and a supported extension while you are browsing to the location

Advantage
* Free
* Nice interface
* Easy to use

Disadvantage
* Limited format
* Could only handle no copyright protected DVD
* Lower output video quality

Way 2: Convert DVD to iTunes withLeawo DVD ripper First, please Free Download Leawo DVD ripper, install and run it. And then follow the steps below:

Note: If you want to rip and convert Blu-ray to iTunes, you can refer to Blu-ray ripping software .

Step 1: Load DVD files, you will find all DVD titles be listed within 1 minute.

Step 2: Click Profile to choose .MP4 as the output format for iTunes. You are also allowed to customize frame rate, bit rate, resolution, encoder, etc in the settings.

Step 3: Hit "Start" to convert DVD to iTunes for your iPad, iPod and iPhone.

Advantage
* Supports both no copyright and copyright protected DVDs
* Supports various formats
* Utilize your multi-core CPU to speed up
* High output video quality
* Additional video editing including crop effect watermark, etc
* Design for feeling: "shut down computer after finish conversion".
* Easy to use

Disadvantage
* A shareware that spreads their products with trail version
* No Linux version.

That's it. Now you can carefully compare the advantage and disadvantage of the two ways, and choose the suitable method to convert DVD to iTunes ...

Tags: dvd to galaxy s 3;dvd to galaxy note 10.1;dvd to Nexus 7
amy0327
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Porting Android