Android4ME: Porting Android to J2ME

Discuss porting Android to any device.

Android4ME: Porting Android to J2ME

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi all!

I started Android4ME (code.google.com/p/android4me) project which aims to port Android to J2ME platform.
Well, total porting will never be possible, and for version 1 I expect to port all core functionality - xmlized UI (with aapt processing), widgets, graphics, and most of J2SE classes (which Android took from Apache.Harmony, as it seems).

Currently I've been implementing resources part - I've reversed binary xml and resources.arsc files and now I'm implementing android.content.res.AssetManager & Resources classes.

I need participants to work on other things: android.graphics, widgets, etc. Experience with jad is a great plus ;)

Overall plan is as follows: implement native stuff (resources/graphics), implement Activity, implement auxiliary classes, wait for official code release, hack officially released code to work with our core, release to public. Great plan, isn't it? :)

Before release we can work with decompiled sources, to be sure that everything works. But of course, our release will be possible only after Android's source code release.

So... Who wants to participate?
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby nit1507 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:14 am

Hi Dmitry,
I am ready to work for this. Guide me what I need to do?
nit1507
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 pm

OK, cool :)

I sent you a private message with details.
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Return to Porting Android