play an video file when incoming call is detected

All your problems with Audio, Video and Images.

play an video file when incoming call is detected

Postby npak243 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:20 am

Hi,
Now i can capture incoming call signal to play my video but my implement meets some problems :
1. Up to now, my application and original dialer are separate applications. So if my application starts to play after original dialer, I can here both sounds (of my application and ring tone) and see my video. But if my application starts before original dialer, i only hear ring tone of original dialer and do not see my video. This make me try to find way to stop my application after it finish. But when i use finish() function in my application, my application can not restart to play when call is coming again !!!
2. In case my application start to play after dialer, when users press GreenKey to start their conversation, they must press twice, the first time to finish my application, the last is actually for communicating. How can I fix this?
3. There is the link for application which i want to make my application similar to:
http://en.androidwiki.com/wiki/PhonePlus_Callback , just for learn more about android.

Has anyone idea to solve my problem or improve my implement?
Hope to see your reply soon,
I very appreciate your help,

Thanks,
NPAK

PS: I use BroadcastReceiver to listen PhoneState change to capture incoming call.
npak243
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am

Why not download the code of the default dialer app and implement the video play there?
MrSnowflake

Postby npak243 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:24 am

Hi,
I also want to download code of default dialer but i do not where to do. Can you show me where to download this code?
Thanks so much,
NPAK
npak243
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Multimedia Problems