Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Why does MotionEvent.getEdgeFlags() always return 0?

Why does MotionEvent.getEdgeFlags() always return 0?

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Why does MotionEvent.getEdgeFlags() always return 0?

Postby pnguin34 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:16 am

I was expecting the getEdgeFlags() method of MotionEvent to tell me
when a MotionEvent had reached the edge of something, but the value
returned from getEdgeFlags() is *always* zero. Is this the expected
behavior? The documentation says that the flags indicate when a touch
has reached the edge of the display. I've tried this on a real device
and in the emulator, and the location coordinates never quite reach
the edge of the display, and getEdgeFlags() always returns 0. By
"never quite reach" I mean that if dragging a finger off the left edge
of the display, the smallest X I got was 2. Reaching the edge of the
view doesn't seem to change the value returned either.

I suppose I could set the flags myself using setEdgeFlags() using
calculations with known dimensions of the object whose edges I care
about. Is that how it's supposed to be used? Is this broken for now?

Thanks for your help.

- dave
pnguin34
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems