Urgent Response needed.

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Urgent Response needed.

Postby onompoly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Unless google implements a way to track the force closings of applications (maybe even phone specific) and has a market for flawless programs and seperates the the ones which still need work, all of your application ideas will be stolen by the competitors working for the other OS's and as android takes off and the consumers feel the devices are too bugged, android will die, your work and learnings will be for nothing.

Anyone else agree?
onompoly
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Urgent Response needed.

Postby phix » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:33 pm

That's a pretty pessimistic way of looking at it. First thing that comes to mind would be "why would you put an app up that hasn't been thoroughly beta tested?" What would make you think that the apps that "need work" would be stolen and the ones that don't wouldn't be? In case you haven't been to the market, there's about 12 different incarnations of an app idea that does the same thing. There's very little room for 100% unique ideas, especially considering that anyone who picks up a book on the subject becomes an app developer.

So, no. I disagree entirely.... and am a little confused as to why this post required an "urgent response".
Posting questions without code is like going to the doctor and saying "it hurts, fix it."
phix
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby anarche » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:09 am

I think the biggest problems with some of the apps on the Market is that they are being written by people who can't read a forum title let alone program!!!!.

But then thats modern open source mobile platforms I suppose. Populated by idealistic idiots and moneyhungry marketting majors.

Plusminus please delete this thread.
anarche
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby nicholas.hauschild » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:56 am

I doubt plusminus will even notice this thread. This thread does not belong here.

Oh, and for your information, Froyo has Application Application Error Reporting for apps coming through the market.
nicholas.hauschild
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby anarche » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 am

I'm wondering if maybe its time this forum got some moderators.

It certainly is growing..
anarche
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby uncre8d1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 pm

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!!
Normal?!? Man, I'd give my left arms to be normal.
uncre8d1
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems