thesis [android project]

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

thesis [android project]

Postby poxkix » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:02 am

Any of you guys have any suggestion what android related projects I can do? I'm an upcoming computer engineering graduate and I need to finish a project or thesis. The project should be finished within 5 months.
I tried proposing android controlled lighting system and android controlled RC car but got denied. So I'm looking for another project to propose, anyone got other ideas?
poxkix
Freshman
Freshman

Re: thesis [android project]

Postby Phyll » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi poxkix,

I had a project I worked on and need to revisit one of these days. It allowed the user to take a picture or take a series of pictures at intervals automatcally and transfer them to the internet as they are taken. A webpage that autorefreshed could display them as they came in on any browser that happened to be watching. All kind of uses good and bad for it. Guess you could use the basic app to store pictures on the internet or wifi to a local desktop computer, be a timed lapse camera, part of a (very slow) video link between phones. Lots of possibilities. Lots of things that have to be figured out to make it a solid app.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby poxkix » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:13 am

Phyll wrote:Hi poxkix,
I had a project I worked on and need to revisit one of these days. It allowed the user to take a picture or take a series of pictures at intervals automatcally and transfer them to the internet as they are taken. A webpage that autorefreshed could display them as they came in on any browser that happened to be watching. All kind of uses good and bad for it. Guess you could use the basic app to store pictures on the internet or wifi to a local desktop computer, be a timed lapse camera, part of a (very slow) video link between phones. Lots of possibilities. Lots of things that have to be figured out to make it a solid app.
Hope this helps.
Phyll

It sounds interesting. Can it be converted to motion detection? So user interaction will be eliminated
poxkix
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Phyll » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi poxkix,

I've never done it but sure, video motion detection is certainly a possible variant or option.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems