SMS capture and forward

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

SMS capture and forward

Postby goofy78270 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:38 am

To start, I am sorry if this isthe wrong forum to post this in.

I have looked over the db and sms capture tutorial which were done very well and he questions that have been asked, are the same that I would ask.

My question is:
Before I attempt to tackle this with my development team, I was wondering if anyone has developed an app that captures incoming and outgoing SMS messages within a DB and forward then to a corporate email account on a set interval, probably, once a day or once a week, which is undetermined at this time. I would like to capture number, time, and message; possibly contact information if it is stored in the contact list. I am looking to do this as part of my interal security for employees. Since we deal with personal information, I woud like to ensure that all communication on company property is captured in case anything were to happen. I would like the application to be hidden, if possible.

I am looking outside my development team first as I do not want them developing backdoors and such.

Any help or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike
goofy78270
Freshman
Freshman

Postby agnimitra » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:23 am

Hello Mike,
I read ur post
have u get any idea how to do this .. plz help me out yaar if u can.......

or mail me at (agnimitra123@gmail.com)

Thanks in advance

regards
AGNIMITRA
agnimitra
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby goofy78270 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Sorry for the delay, I have been looking into other phones and seeing if they have an ability like this.

For the first part, the capture, I was thinking about upon receipt or send of a message, capture the phone number, text message, time, and ??? (not sure what else you can capture, possibly the contact information, name, if it is stored within the contact list) and save it to a sqllite db table. I believe this can be accomplished based on the information within the following posts.

recognize-react_on_incoming_sms-t295-s60.html - Recognize/React on incoming SMS
and
working_with_the_sqlite-database_-_cursors-t319.html - Working with the SQLite-Database - Cursors

Second, I think a service would need to be created to monitor time intervals and not rely on user interaction. This second step should use a user specified interval, set within the application, to attempt to send a text copy of the db created above. This is the part I am unsure of.

Ideal results, but possibly in a standard format and aligned
12:34.45am 1/1/09 123-555-1234 Happy New Year Outgoing
12:34.46am 1/1/09 123-555-1233 Jane Doe Happy New Year Outgoing
12:38.23am 1/1/09 123-555-1233 Jane Doe Happy New yr 2 u 2 Incoming
Regards,
Mike
goofy78270
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems