Signed apk error?

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Signed apk error?

Postby timhoeck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:00 am

My unsigned apk works fine within the emulator. Due to (I guess) key issues, I am unable to install the unsigned apk on my G1. So I build my signed apk. I use a .bat file with:

Code: Select all
SET KEY_FILE=myapp.keystore
SET APK_NAME=MyApp
%JDK_TOOLS%jarsigner -verbose -keystore %KEYS_PATH%%KEY_FILE% -signedjar %APK_PATH%%APK_NAME%_signed.apk %APK_PATH%%APK_NAME%.apk %KEY_FILE%

(the Paths are also set, I just wish not to include them)

It builds the signed apk fine, but when I try to install the signed apk, I see the following:

I successfully signed and ran this application before, but suddenly now, it shows 'Android System' with all permissions, instead of 'My App' with my apps permissions.

I am not sure if this is related to left over files from my previous installation, or maybe just something is out of whack in my AndroidManifest.xml file that causes this... anyone seen this before?
timhoeck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby timhoeck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 am

hm... got working now.

I *THINK* I fixed this by using Project -> Clean... option in Eclipse.

I say think because I did a few things... I moved a couple things out of the project, upped the version.. but I don't think that these were what was causing the issue.
timhoeck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby timhoeck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 am

Well, after upping my project version, this has started happening again.. something I forgot to mention was I deleted the bin/ folder before running the 'Clean' option, but it still isn't fixing it. Hopefully I can track this down.
timhoeck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby timhoeck » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 pm

I wanted to follow up on this in case someone else ran into the problem... sorry if it bumps the post.

This was because I was using a batch file to upload the signed apk, which used command-line ftp - and installing by downloading to the device. I made sure it uploaded in binary. I don't know if it is an issue with overwriting a file or what.. but that is why it was happening.
timhoeck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems