Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Service for incoming calls and sms

Service for incoming calls and sms

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Service for incoming calls and sms

Postby Manfred » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:47 am

Hi!

I have implemented a service which reacts on incoming calls and sms. After a while running, the service seems to be running (explained later why i know this) but it don´t react on incoming calls or sms? If i want then to stop the service, i get an error message (only that the application must be stopped).

I have 2 Buttons, one for start and one for stopping the service in an activity. This activity then starts the service. In the service in the method onStart() i start the listeners:

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1.         smslistener = new SMSListener();
  3.         registerReceiver(smslistener, new IntentFilter("android.provider.Telephony.SMS_RECEIVED"));
Parsed in 0.011 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

In the activity i look if the service is running and disable or enable
the start and stop button:

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1.         boolean isrunning = false;
  3.         List<ActivityManager.RunningServiceInfo> list = am.getRunningServices(99);
  5.         for(RunningServiceInfo service:list)
  7.         {
  9.                 if(service.process.equals("com.myapp.rn")  && service.started==true)
  11.                 {
  13.                                 isrunning = true;
  15.                                 break;
  17.                 }
  19.         }
Parsed in 0.010 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

When the service does not inform about incoming sms/calls and i start the activity, then the stop button is activated therefore i can say that the service is still running!? So may it is false to start the
listeners where i do? But what is the right way to implement a service which listens to incoming calls/sms??
Or what could be the problem that the service seems to be running, but it don´t react?

Thanks
Manfred
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems