Sensing The Touch Event

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Sensing The Touch Event

Postby drlinux » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Assalam-u-Alikum,

Consider the senerio, one Activity named MainActivity starts the another Activity named ChildActivity, is this possilble that when the Touch Event occurs on the ChildActivity, the MainActivitly also recognize that?
drlinux
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:36 pm

No, not directly, and why would you want to do that?
MrSnowflake

Postby drlinux » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:58 am

I want to make a software, that would named RemoteTouch, a software layer that starts the Activities of other programs. and remotely executing things means that the real phone is placed somewhere else and the emulator and the real phone running the same application. Now I want to do that when something is executed on the emulator it should be executed on the real device I have a proper plan for everything. The problem is to sense the touch, ok can I sense it with any service or instrument, as I have seen some hope for it through the instrument, and getting the window and implementing the superDisptchTouchEvent method to do this.

Your reply is must for me to implement this , as You seems to be a very experienced with Android, so please this is the step is annoying me a lot.

Is what I am implementing possible? your feedback would be very helpful

If no direct means of acknowledgment is involved is there some path to do this acknowledgment of the touch.
Thank You,
Abdul Mateen,
Android Developer and Linux Administrator,
Addcitive Mobility , CA
http://www.addictivemobility.com.
drlinux
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:01 pm

You can't do this on Android, as you can't send input messages to the os. What you could do, is implement vnc and use that to send the input messages.
In 0.9 there was a vnc server buildin into the android kernel, I'm not sure if it's still present.
MrSnowflake

Postby drlinux » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:08 pm

So, Now if this is not possible, I can switch to plan B , implementing the APIs that a Application vendor can use to control the real phone from his own application.I think this would be possible , making libraries to support this means implement functions of that library and then the data sends and recieves through internet for the same application running on emulator and the real device.

OR

Can you tell me that, is this possible that, we can only recieve the information of touch through any means from the other activity?

Regards,
Abdul Mateen,
Andriod Developer and Linux Administrator,
Addictive Mobility, CA.
http://www.addictivemobility.com.
drlinux
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems