R.java disappeared on Clean

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

R.java disappeared on Clean

Postby nin2246 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm

So I had a project I was working on got 2 java files coded for the most part then I tried to run but I had errors, hit that clean button... R.java vanishes. I tried control Z but it never came back. I then tried to make a new project and just transfer the files over and just rename a couple of things... Simple right? Well I did that had some names not in the R.java like it should be. So I hit that clean button again and all of a sudden R.java just goes away....

What did I do wrong? I tried it a few times and nothing. I never even opened it up before during the whole coding time. I don't know what to do...
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Re: R.java disappeared on Clean

Postby Phyll » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi nin2246,

I have had all kinds of things like that happen and then for no apparent reason it just builds the R file again. Its reappearance is just as mysterious as its disappeareance. But do you have errors down there in the Problems list?

Sometimes there are errors down there hanging around that should go away but don't. If you have some down there, just go down and delete them and see if that fixes your problem.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby nin2246 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 pm

There all R can not be resolved... Nothing else.
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Postby nin2246 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 pm

I decided to start completely fresh and just restart it... Well I was naming the two buttons creating the strings and everything got 2 buttons done.... New Game and Continue. Was about to make an Exit button but I looked to check it and BOOM gone... I didn't even have an error this whole entire time I am thinking Eclipse is having a bug issue or something.
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Postby Phyll » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi nin2246,

Sorry you are having trouble. Your project is an Android project isn't it? I guess Eclipse is not automatically building the R file?

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby Marbert » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 am

Normally Eclipse should build the R-file automatically.
But you could uninstall and then install it again, maybe it will help.
Marbert
Developer
Developer

Postby nin2246 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Yes it is an Android project that is for sure, I even ran it in the emulator before I did any edits to it. Is there a way to build the R.java by hard coding it?
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Postby Phyll » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi nin,

Can you zip up your project and send it to me in a pm?

I'll take a look at it and see if there's something wrong with your Eclipse installation or just something wrong with your edits if you can. Can you run any projects? If you can then there is probably just an error in the code that is keeping it from going through your xml files for some reason. If you can't then I guess you will have to try to re-install Eclipse or at least the Android plugin.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:39 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby nuetronprotron » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi nin,
may be clean the total eclipse and before that uncheck buildautomatically option.then build the project again
nuetronprotron
Developer
Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems