Question! regarding where to start

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Question! regarding where to start

Postby deceptivekin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi,

I have a couple question regarding starting out developing for android.

I have experience in C#, javascript and C++, so i don't think moving to java would be too hard for me, but the main problem is i have no clue where to start.

So basically, i'd like to begin developing a touch instrument, but lack the resources to do so.

Here's a list of things I'm clueless on:

•Utilizing the touch controls (*how to find coordinates of the fingers individually, I'm guessing this has something to with the order of fingers placed on the touch pad to specify a new input*)

•Setting up eclipse correctly in order to work with android and test out the app as it comes along

•I'm not familiar with java's setup, so the first thing in the list might need a little bit more detail regarding how to actually import the assets to find the touch coordinates in java

•Not entirely sure if android devices have a pressure sensor, but if they do, i also need to find out how to measure how hard someone presses on the screen.

•The program will be sound heavy, so I'm not sure if this is a java question or android, but how would you go about programming sound much like Timbre.js (i cant provide link apparently) works if its a little harder to understand that's fine too.

•Anything else i need to know to make an instrument app

I know its a hefty list, but I'm off college for this Winter break and i'd love to be productive!

I have been googling these same questions, but i cant find the right results probably because i dont understand the terminology.

Thanks!
-Cruelladle
deceptivekin
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Other Coding-Problems