need help coding rgb detection

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

need help coding rgb detection

Postby pdc_owner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:15 am

I am creating a paint game that will have a time limit and automatically detect a certain number of rgb
Colors.
I would like to make it where the game detects a set number of rgb colors when the time runs out to determine pass or fail.
any help will be greatly appreciated
pdc_owner
Freshman
Freshman

Re: need help coding rgb detection

Postby phishman3579 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 am

If you take a look at my motion detection code at http://code.google.com/p/android-motion-detection/ you should be able to see some examples of dealing with RGB data from Android images (in this case Camera images). You are probably more interested in the com/jwetherell/motion_detection/image/ImageProcessing.java class.
phishman3579
Freshman
Freshman

Re: need help coding rgb detection

Postby pdc_owner » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Not sure how I would alter that to get the result I need. Here's an example. Hopefully this helps be more clear.

If the user paints a picture and has;

RGB#FFE0C4
RGB#C77A58
RGB#A01900

and has 30 seconds to complete his painting, I want the game to be able to detect if there are in fact 4 RGB color codes used or only 3. If less than 4 RGB color codes then the user fails and has to try again. So the user has a goal of using 4 RGB color codes in 30 seconds. Any less is failure. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
pdc_owner
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems