Mysterious "Force Close" errors with simple DB cod

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Mysterious "Force Close" errors with simple DB cod

Postby gust0208 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 am

Hello everyone,

I am having a debugging problem that I can't quite seem to figure out. I had a basic program that uses the database code from the Notepadv2 code example on Google that was functioning normally on the G1 phones until the latest 1.5 update. I have updated my SDK and ADT plugin, I am compiling my code against the 1.1 SDK (API level 2) and have the minsdk="2" in the manifest.

When I run the program on my local android emulator AVD running the 1.5 code base and the program runs flawlessly on my emulator. But, when it is downloaded by end users via the Marketplace area, they are encountering numerous "Force Close" errors seemingly related to database calls. I am completely unable to reproduce these errors and am close to pulling my hair out.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems with 1.5 with errors on the end user phone that you can't seem to reproduce in the local phone emulator?

Thanks for your time in advance and any ideas you may have. I can provide the source code, but didn't want to clog up the first post.

Cheers,
Tom
gust0208
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems