How to integrate my application to paypal

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

How to integrate my application to paypal

Postby man4And » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:14 am

Hi

Could please help me how to integrate my application with paypal, so that we can pay money in my application through paypal to the merchant?

Thanks & Regards
Venkat
man4And
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby gecu_121 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:40 pm

hi venkat,
if I am getting it right, u r making an HTTP connection to connect to the server from ur android phone. Similarly u will have to connect to the paypal server. For that u will have to talk to the paypal for getting the URL and what type of request and response they give, u will have to handle that in ur application. And offcourse they will charge u based on your requirement. just google it and find the charges.

Thanks.
gecu_121
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby gecu_121 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 pm

hi
as I told u have to get the URL and pass the parameters required to make payment to specified by paypal. also let me know what is your approach now means how you want to pay the merchant via paypal. means either via directly opening the web page of paypal or via http connection through your application.
gecu_121
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby gecu_121 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Hello,

check out the following thread. I think you will get your problem solved.

Paypal Integration
gecu_121
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby man4And » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:38 am

Many thanks gecu_121.

Will go through that API...

Thanks & Regards
man4And
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby tina75 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:00 pm

basicaly this is easy but i think i wont work if the phone is connected via GSM/3G bec Paypal sends a callback to a specified URL / IP if payment is sucessfull (not the user-sendback-process) which the server has to send back to paypal to verify the buy-process.

This can take up to 4 days or so...

so if the app is not active / available from the inet or the ip of the phone changes then it does not work

So better send the user to the browser to your webserver, do paypal there and then send the user a code or whatever to activate something in the app
tina75
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems