how to import AVI(Divx, Xvid) to iMovie HD, iMovie '08, iMov

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

how to import AVI(Divx, Xvid) to iMovie HD, iMovie '08, iMov

Postby AnderWinger » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 am

When importing AVI to iMovie, people often meet the following problems:
1.I try to import the AVI videos to iMovie, iMovie quits unexpectedly.
2.On my iMovie, i can't get avi files to work. It would only show up a white screen and take a long time to load to iMovie.
3.When I try to import AVI files from my digital camera onto it, it crashes and shuts down before they import...

AVI is a multimedia container format which stores video data that is encoded in a variety of codecs. However, iMovie doesn't support the codec used to encode the AVI file format. Therefore, it is necessary to convert your AVI to iMovie editable formats. Video to iMovie Converter is the brilliant software designed for Mac users to import AVI to iMovie. It can convert AVI format including the compression codec of Divx and Xvid to iMovie compatible MP4, MOV, DV, HDV formats for further professional editing.

How to import AVI (Divx, Xvid) to iMovie HD, iMovie '08, iMovie '09 to edit AVI with iMovie?

1.Download the free trial version of Video to iMovie Converter, install and launch it on your Mac.

2.Import AVI files.
Click "Add File" button to input the AVI files that you wish to convert. Multiple files can be loaded together under the batch conversion mode.

3.Define output file format.
Click "Profile" drop-down menu and output AVI to iMovie supportable MP4, MOV, DV, HDV formats.

4.Merge/Combine AVI file clips.
Check "Merge into one file" to join/merge/combine the separated AVI files into a complete single file.

5.Import AVI to iMovie.
Click "Convert" button to carry out the conversion, then you can import AVI(Divx, Xvid) to iMovie for further professional editing.
AnderWinger
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems