How do I do multitouch?

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

How do I do multitouch?

Postby linuxer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:10 am

In my app I have two dials, and I want to be able to control both simultaneously. I can't seem to figure this out. One dial is to move an object up and down, the other is to move it left and right. I have it where I can control one at a time, but now luck with both.

Any ideas?
linuxer
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How do I do multitouch?

Postby Phyll » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:53 am

Hi linuxer,

I've never tried the multitouch features of Android but it seems fairly straight forward. I had this link stored in case I wanted to do something with it:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/burnette/how- ... -container

I was wondering what you had worked out to interpret the coordinate changes as the rotation of a dial. That sounds like an interesting algorithm. Seems like you would need one for each one.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby linuxer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Unless I am mistaken, this appears to only do the zoom gesture. Not quite what I need. Am I looking at it wrong?

Thanks
linuxer
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Phyll » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi linuxer,

The dump method he shows you how to do logs the raw movement information. It seems to me that if you are attempting to create a gesture interpretation of a rotary knob that is exactly what you need for your development.

I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding your requirement.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby linuxer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:58 am

Well, I guess my problem isn't so much getting the coordinates of each touch, but having both dials work at the same time. When one is touched the other will not work.
linuxer
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Phyll » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi linuxer,

I'm not sure about the cutoff point but I think phones before 2.something would only do two separate touches. Later phones can do more.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby linuxer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:03 pm

I have it being built off of the 2.1 sdk. I will try a later version, and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!
linuxer
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:22 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems