Google Gadgets in Android

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Google Gadgets in Android

Postby anindamaji » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am

android has its own widget API, I need some idea how to extend that API to such that all google gadgets can be rendered through any custom application, basically the goal is that implementing some interface like igoogle but which will be custom written for android which has capability to view, download or install any google gadgets in android
anindamaji
Freshman
Freshman

Postby droozen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:20 pm

That way you can make a java api that's like Java: It can run on any java platform.

Half-joking there, but it is interesting how java is becoming a platform of platforms. (Instead of "I can code in java", how about "I can code in Android")

I guess it would be good to write one piece of code that can be an Android app or an iGoogle widget, but I think unless Google releases an easier way to do it, the old maxim applies: separate the logic code from the gui code. You'll have to recode for the Google, but at least you can keep the code the same that does all the work.
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:35 pm

* This is not a tutorial... MOVED *
MrSnowflake

Postby MrSnowflake » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:38 pm

The widget package in Android has nothing to do with Google Gadgets! That package contains all default android widgets.
MrSnowflake

Return to Other Coding-Problems