Gmail won't accept embedded images?

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Gmail won't accept embedded images?

Postby SSIntimidator3 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 am

I don't know which forum I should put this in.

My developer is telling me that my app cannot send an image embedded via email (it sends it as an attachment). I have a hard time believing that this works on Apple version but not Android. My app is a shopping app (Divalicious) and when the user is looking at an individual page they can either email that item, post to facebook or tweet it. Facebook and twitter work, but email, however, does not embed the image. If you download the app and try it on an apple device it works 100% like it should.

Can anyone tell me how we can get this to work on android?
SSIntimidator3
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Gmail won't accept embedded images?

Postby jonbonazza » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Your developer is partially correct. Out of the box, Gmail( whether it be the Desktop version or the mobile version) does not support embedded images. There is, however, 3rd party extensions availble to allow that functionality.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby SSIntimidator3 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks for the help, I will pass it on to him and we'll search for some extensions.

Is there a reason that it doesn't accept embedding images in android but iOS does?
SSIntimidator3
Freshman
Freshman

Postby jonbonazza » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:25 pm

I can't really answer that information, but I assume that the android gmail app is just a port of the desktop version with a different UI.

I should also note that, to my knowledge, the gmail app does not support extensions. The extensions I spoke of are for the desktop version.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems