Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - get TagName from xml dom tree

get TagName from xml dom tree

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

get TagName from xml dom tree

Postby bmaassen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to port some software i build to the android platform,
and for it i need to parse some xml.

I was happy to see that i had almost nothing to change...
until i run the program.

In java 1.6 you can use the following method to get the tag name of a node:
getNodeName

However in the android version this same method will give back a Dom code word
for the type of node it is. The only way i see i can get the tag name is in the Element node,
getTagName, however i can't cast to Element.

Is there still a way to retrieve the Tag name of the node?
bmaassen
Freshman
Freshman

Postby bmaassen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:20 pm

After some experimenting the problem is solved.

After adding document.getDocumentElement(), and start parsing from there all worked again.
bmaassen
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems