Get Event when virtual keyboard display or hidden

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Get Event when virtual keyboard display or hidden

Postby hell0_android » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 am

I have an interface with four edittext...and i set inputmode in manifest is adjustresize ...when activity start,virtual keyboard display i want to display three edittext and when we click back to hidden virtual keyboard i want to display four edittext...How must i do :(....Thank for help
hell0_android
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Get Event when virtual keyboard display or hidden

Postby Phyll » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi hello_android,

There are only a small number of things you can do with the soft keyboard. It only has a couple of ways it can interact with the rest of the display. This document explains some things that can be done:

http://developer.android.com/resources/ ... nputs.html

I might try grouping the three that you would like to show together in a view group container (LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, etc.) and leave the other one out by itself inside the general layout for the window. This may cause the soft keyboard to behave differently when making its appearance. Use some of the modifiers explained in the docs as well to control how it shows itself. It may be very difficult to get it to behave as you want especially on different devices and screen sizes but may not be impossible.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems