General Question about GUIs with Android

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

General Question about GUIs with Android

Postby Ulathar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello all,
i am new to Android and new to this Board and i have a (maybe very stupid) question about GUIs in Android.

Don't get me wrong, i know how to create a very simple GUI in Android (i worked through the official Guides @http://developer.android.com). I can create, place and use buttons, textviews an other stuff but for some reason i can not figure out how to make my app "switch" to a new "layer".

what i mean:

I have a simple activity which plays a splashscreen (used the tutorial that was postet here somewhere) and than shows a login screen (enter username and password).

under that login fields is a "Login" Button which connects to a special website with the given login informations.
so far everything is working.

But as soon as i click that loginbutton, the app should "create a new empty screen where i can place other GUI elements".
How do i do that?

Sorry i don't know how to describe/say it and i hope you understand what i try to say :).
Ulathar
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: General Question about GUIs with Android

Postby nicholas.hauschild » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 am

Define a new Activity/View for your new 'layer', and from the first activity call startActivty() or startActivityForResult() with the correct Intent object.

http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... ntent.html
nicholas.hauschild
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: General Question about GUIs with Android

Postby Ulathar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:29 pm

ok that makes sense... problem solved, thank you!
Ulathar
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems