Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - General Question about GUIs with Android

General Question about GUIs with Android

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

General Question about GUIs with Android

Postby Ulathar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello all,
i am new to Android and new to this Board and i have a (maybe very stupid) question about GUIs in Android.

Don't get me wrong, i know how to create a very simple GUI in Android (i worked through the official Guides @http://developer.android.com). I can create, place and use buttons, textviews an other stuff but for some reason i can not figure out how to make my app "switch" to a new "layer".

what i mean:

I have a simple activity which plays a splashscreen (used the tutorial that was postet here somewhere) and than shows a login screen (enter username and password).

under that login fields is a "Login" Button which connects to a special website with the given login informations.
so far everything is working.

But as soon as i click that loginbutton, the app should "create a new empty screen where i can place other GUI elements".
How do i do that?

Sorry i don't know how to describe/say it and i hope you understand what i try to say :).
Ulathar
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: General Question about GUIs with Android

Postby nicholas.hauschild » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 am

Define a new Activity/View for your new 'layer', and from the first activity call startActivty() or startActivityForResult() with the correct Intent object.

http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... ntent.html
nicholas.hauschild
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: General Question about GUIs with Android

Postby Ulathar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:29 pm

ok that makes sense... problem solved, thank you!
Ulathar
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems