Game Programming?

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Game Programming?

Postby chefgon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Sorry if this is a lazy question, but can anybody direct me to some good tutorials for getting started with game programming? I'm referring mostly to drawing routines rather than the actual logic. I'm an experienced programmer, but I am new to Java, so I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks!
chefgon
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:59 pm

There are tons of game development tutorials, for java and other languages. Look for them with Google.
MrSnowflake

Postby chefgon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:30 pm

Well, a regular java tutorial wouldn't be helpful since I was just looking for the specifics of displaying graphics with the Android drawing API.

Regardless, I just discovered that there is a whole board on this very site dedicated to 2D and 3D graphics tutorials. I apologize for posting this question in haste, I didn't notice the other board before, please feel free to delete this thread because it doesn't really add anything to the community and I'm not trying to contribute spam.
chefgon
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:45 pm

Sorry, I've read it very badly :). I thought you said: NO drawing routines :).

I made a very simple tutorial about 2D graphics. Look at the Canvas class in the Android docs, it'll give you a view on 2D graphics.
MrSnowflake

Return to Other Coding-Problems