Dynamic UI issue

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Dynamic UI issue

Postby matany » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for this site.

I have a couple of questions for my new app.

I am trying to develop an app that consists of 4 tabs. Tab1, I have couple of buttons and I want once I press button1 to switch another layout (.xml) file that has login screen. I switch between tabs once a button is clicked, but I need to completely show whole different layout.

I am currently using One Activity only and can switch tab UI via method calls. I can call method that had 2 tabs, 3 tabs etc.

One thing to remember, I read somewhere that using intents to change layouts may decrease the app performance. Is this true?

Also can you recommend the best method to develop a dynamic GUI. Will intents and several Activities do, or method calls with diff layout file be ok.

Thanks in advance.
matany
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

I got it to work.

Postby matany » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:37 pm

I got it to work!

My app has many layout files and I am switching between them (4 Tabs layout xml, login layout xml, etc) via method calls back and forth.

My problem was some how one of the xml files was throwing an exception once the calling onclick button from another layout was pressed. So I put it in a try statement and the layout was displayed fine.

Anyways,

This will be one of a kind app once it comes out. It is now secret. I can't wait to finish it...

Thanks

Y
matany
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby zehunter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 am

hi,

can you post part of the solution, to help other dev to know what to do? :-)

thanks a lot in advance,
zehunter
Developer
Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems