Download a video file.

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Download a video file.

Postby yasmin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 am

Hi,

I've done one application using Listview Concepts.

In my application, I've radio buttons for Languages. The user selects any one of the language then I've displayed one list whose items are "Baby, Google, Eclipse". If the user clicks any one of item then the web browser will opened with corresponding videos.

If the user clicks any one of video then Download page will come. Once the user clicks "Download Now" link then it will navigate to next page with the link " Download Ready".

ERROR : If the user clicks the link "Download Ready" then I got some error page. Then It goes back to Listview page.

I don't know what I've missed here. I've attached my entire source code here. Can any one run this & fix the issue.

Expected Output : "Automatically the Video file must be downloaded within PC under the folder "/res/raw" when the user clicks the link "Download Ready in web page" and the video will display in the emulator. "
Attachments
UserChoice.zip
My Source Code
(35.75 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
yasmin
yasmin
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Quetzalcoatl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:16 pm

I gave it a quick run and it downloaded the Tamil/Google/Amazing Lake video on the 2nd attempt (the 1st time I tried it it downloaded the video on the 2nd attempt but I've just tried it again but it took 3 attempts).
I've not looked at your code but I assume it's a problem with the browser or connection? Seems to be that the browser just drops out and the last thing in the history stack is your application so that's where it ends up.

Your code -> Browser -> Drop out
OR
Your code -> Browser -> Media Player

Screams of a problem with the browser to me (or website/network etc), because your application seems unaffected by the error.
Quetzalcoatl
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems