Developing an Android ROm for a brand

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Developing an Android ROm for a brand

Postby Outsider72 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi,
I'm developing a solution that would allow a company to remotely download apps on to the devices and allow app updates- remotely to their numerous Android tabs, without any user interaction. I'm thinking about developing a custom Android ROM to facilitate this. Does anyone know of a simpler solution or would this be the best way of managing this. They initially want to manage around 10 tablets on one location and then scale to a couple of hundred devices in various locations- which all need to be managed remotely. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Outsider72
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Developing an Android ROm for a brand

Postby nin2246 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:38 pm

My school uses Novel it is utterly bad and very slow on all sorts of everything. But the way I been told it works is that it connects to a central server and when a user wants to load up any program it will connect and download the .exe and load it from the central server. So when I click on Microsoft Word to write an essay, it downloads real quick, just a couple of files, and it will open up like it would normally.

If a user on a tablet wants to use a certain app have it download a key file each time and keep the server 100% updated. Might be something you were looking for.

School has 2,000 kids plus other schools in the district. So it can be used for any amount you would need.
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems