Develoing Android on Mac OSx error

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Develoing Android on Mac OSx error

Postby nebuk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi guys
I am new to developing on android so be gentle :)
I am having an issue when I create new projects in eclipse, when ever I create a new project the R.java file is not always being generated, in some cases the src folder is not generated.
I have tried using clean and build, refresh, dont autobuild etc etc and sometimes I can get it to generate the file and recognise it but a lot of the time it still ignores it
From the title as well I am developing using eclipse for Mac just incase that is going to have any bearing :)
Any thoughts would be really helpful
Thanks in advance
Ben
nebuk
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby I_Artist » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:42 pm

The only thing that I can think of off hand is that the R.java file will not be generated if you have coding errors. These can be tough to find because not having the R.java _causes_ errors! So you need to sift through your code, ignoring errors that are caused by the lack of the R file, in order to try to find the error(s) that is causing the R file not to be generated.

And, of course, this might not even be the problem...
The I_Artist

follow me on Twitter: @I_Artist
follow Android Development on Twitter: #androiddev

Show the world that you are an #androiddev, wear the badge http://www.twibbon.com/join/androiddev
I_Artist
Developer
Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems