I've got a stupid problem.
I'd like to test my .apk on my boss' G1.
the 1st version never seems to be a problem:
1) "export unsigned application package"
2) keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -validity 10000
3) jarsigner -verbose -keystore my-release-key.keystore my_application.apk alias_name
4) deploy on webserver, write email with URL to my boss' gmail
5) boss downloads the .apk with his G1
but now comes the strange part.
after I've fixed some bugs I'd like to deploy another version.
0) increment android:versionCode="5" and android:versionName="5.5.5"
1)..5) same procedure
but the deploy fails.
the only solution I've found yet is to change my packages of all source codes
this way android thinks it is new apk and installs it nicely.
the other way is to connect the G1 with a Windows PC via USB (we are using Linux here) and use adb or eclipse to uninstall the old apk.
what can I do to deploy continuously?