Convert 1080p MKV video to ProRes MOV for FCP X editing

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Postby kyo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 am

“I have a 1080p MKV file I want to get into Final Cut Pro X. I know MKV won't work in FCP X and that it needs to be converted to something friendlier like ProRes. Right now I'm converting the MKV using Perian in Quicktime but it's taking an extremely long time: it's been 15 hours and it's only halfway through. I was wondering if there was something like that available for MKV files so I don't have to re-encode. Any suggestions?”

Wanna to import MKV files to Final Cut Pro X for editing but FCP X doesn't let you do it? Well, Final Cut Pro X is a popular video editor for the rising Mac users. And the open MKV files are used more often by video editing experts to deal with on FCP X and amateur video editors. However, MKV is not supported by FCP X, so you cannot import MKV to Final Cut Pro X directly. Here we will introduce an easy-to-use and professional MKV to FCP X Converter for Mac to help you solve the problem.

This program solves the problem of both importing HD MKV (H.264) files and SD MKV files to Final Cut Pro X by converting MKV files to FCP X supported Apple ProRes 422 MOV and MP4 with excellent video quality and amazing conversion speed. Get it now and convert MKV to FCP X within clicks!
1.Load MKV files
After install and launch the Pavtube HD Video Converter Mac, drag and drop MKV file. You can drag several files to the program directly

2.Choose output format
Apple ProRes MOV is the best format for Final Cut Pro (X), here you just need to choose the target application as output format, for example, “Final Cut Pro”->”Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)”.

3. Do some settings as you want.

4.Transcode MKV to FCP (X)
At last, hit the “Convert” button to transcode MKV to FCP (X). With this MKV to Apple ProRes 422 converter, you can easily change MKV files to FCP (X) for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your MKV footages to FCP (X) in less time, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed, after converting you can follow this guide to import videos to FCP (X) for editing.

If you want to burn your MKV videos to DVD, just take Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac for try, it can burn videos to DVD disc or ISO files easily.
What's more, now participate in Pavtube Xmas discount activity, you can buy one get one free, just buy any converter product you will get this DVD Creator for free! You can also get up to 40% off on other popular products.
kyo
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Convert 1080p MKV video to ProRes MOV for FCP X editing

Postby kyo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 am

2012 Christmas Best Seller-Buy Pavtube AVCHD/MXF Converter Tools Free Get DVD Creator

Summary: Learn Pavtube Christmas Crazy Promotion details here and start action. It starts the 2012 Christmas Money Saving Tips (Dec. 10, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013)! Buy One Get One Free and Up to 40% Coupons! If you buy Pavtube Best Sellers, such as: HD Video Converter for Mac, Video Converter for Mac, MTS Converter for Mac, MXF Converter for Mac products(include 4 Windows version), you will Free get Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac/Windows. In addition, up to 40% OFF Christmas Coupons for Blu-ray Ripper, up to 30% for DVD Ripper, up to 20% for Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate and iMedia Converter for Mac. All Promotion Discount Products Coupon Code is PAVTUBE.

2012 Christmas is coming, you may have bought many new digital for play in the holidays, such as tablet, smartphone, camera or camcorders, you may need multimedia software to better enjoy content on the portable devices or recorded by the cameras. Now Pavtube offers "Buy One Get One Free" treats and up to 40% off. What's more, Pavtube offers Christmas Coupon Code for users to purchase the following products at low cost. To redeem the coupon, just enter the coupon code (All Promotion Discount Products Coupon Code is PAVTUBE.) in the corresponding input box on the checkout page of the payment platform.

Enjoy the best Digital Media Software and Great Savings from Pavtube, check out our discount offers over 2012 Christmas and 2013 New Year.

Part One. 2012 Christmas Giveaway and Best Seller Area - Buy One Get One Free

To express sincere gratitude to customers, Pavtube Studio offers "Buy One Get One Free" treats during 2012 Christmas Giveaway. Offer valid from Dec. 10, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013.

Buy one of the following products at full price, and get DVD Creator as Christmas Giveaway! If you choose to buy a Windows-based app, you will get DVD Creator for Windows as a free gift. If you choose to buy a Mac-based app, you will get DVD Creator for Mac as a free Christmas gift.

Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac ([url=http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter/]Windows) is mainly to convert Canon, Nikon, Olympic, Sony, Panasonic camera or camcorder recorded MTS/MXF/P2 MXF/MOV/MOD/TOD/HDV etc. files to FCP, FCP X, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, iPhoto 8/9/11, Adobe After Effects CS6, Apple Aperture 3, Kdenlive etc.

Related Tutorial:

Import AVCHD/MTS/MKV/AVI/MXF to Apple Aperture 3

Canon 6D and Final Cut Pro workflow

Converting P2 MXF to AIC MOV for FCE

Transcode Canon HV30 HDV/AVCHD to AIC for iMovie or FCE without rendering

Free burn projects from Final Cut Pro to DVD on Mac

Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac (Windows) is mainly used to transcode Sony (3D), Panasonic (3D) and few Canon Cameras AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to FCP, FCP X, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, iPhoto 8/9/11, Adobe After Effects CS6, Apple Aperture 3, Kdenlive etc.

Related Tutorial:

Import Canon C100 MTS to FCP without rendering

Transcode Panasonic Lumix AVCHD Lite to Avid Media Composer

Import Sony NEX-7 AVCHD 1080p 50p/60p MTS to Apple Aperture 3/3.3 with 5.1 channels

Transcode Sony Alpha A57 1080p MTS to AIC for iMovie

Import Sony HDR-TD20VE 3D AVCHD files to Final Cut Pro X

Import Panasonic HC-X900/X800 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS to iPhoto 8/9/11

Free burn AVCHD(.mts) to DVD on Mac

Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (Windows) is mainly used to convert MXF videos recorded by Canon XF series, Canon C300/C500, Panasonic P2 series, Sony XDCAM series and other MXF recordings to FCP, FCP X, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, iPhoto 8/9/11, Adobe After Effects CS6, Apple Aperture 3, Kdenlive etc.

Related Tutorial:

Transcode Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio recorder MXF DNxHD (185X) to ProRes for FCP X

Workflow for importing Canon EOS C500 MXF files to FCP X

Solutions to the problems with Canon XF Plugin for Final Cut Pro

Import Canon C300 MXF to After Effects CS6/CS5.5/CS5/CS4

Using P2 AVC-Intra 50/AVC-Intra 100 MXF footage with Final Cut Pro

Flawlessly Import Panasonic AG-HVX200 P2 MXF to iMovie 8/9/11

Import nanoFlash MXF to Avid Media Composer

Free Burn MXF to DVD on Mac

Pavtube Video Converter (Windows or Mac) is mainly used to convert common videos (MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, AVCHD, MXF, WMV, MOV, MPG, FLV, F4V, 3GP, etc.) to any format types you want for play on Andorid/Apple/Windows 8 Devices, such as: Microsoft Surface RT/Pro, Google Nexus 10, Nexus 7, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad Mini, iPhone 5, [/b]Nook HD[/b], Transformer Prime, Transformer Pad Infinity TF700, Galaxy S3, Acer Iconia Tab, Galaxy Tab 2, Xoom, BlackBerry PlayBook, etc.

Related Tutorial:

Encode Canon Videos to Galaxy Note 10.1 compatible format

Transfer P2 MXF to QuickTime MOV format for storage

Convert Panasonic GH2 MTS to ProRes on Mac OS X Lion

Convert TiVo HD shows to HD formats with least quality loss on Mac

Free Burn YouTube videos/Vimeo/Torrent movies to DVD on Mac

Part Two. 2012 Christmas Best Seller Area - Up to 40% OFF, 30% OFF, 20% OFF

1. Blu-ray Ripper (Windows and Mac) - Up to 40% OFF

2. DVD Ripper (Windows and Mac) - Up to 30% OFF

3. Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate - Up to 20% OFF

4. iMedia Converter for Mac - Up to 20% OFF

Again Remind: All Christmas Coupon Code is PAVTUBE. During Dec. 10, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2013, you can participate to Christmas activity in this page: http://www.pavtube.com/2012-software-ch ... count.html
kyo
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby vivian68 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:59 am

20% off- Get Canon 5D mov footage editing with Sony Vegas smoothly

Summary: This article will show the best way to get Sony Vegas to work with Canon 5D HD MOV footage by converting Canon h.264 MOV to MPEG-2/WMV for Sony Vegas editing.

The Canon EOS 5D is a digital sngle lens reflex (DSLR) camera that can capture high definition stills and movie clips. It saves movie clips in-camera using a Compact Flash (CF) memory card. Canon bundles a simple free software package with the camera. Canon's supplied software applications are named ZoomBrowser for Windows and ImageBrowser for Mac which can play movie clips, and also perform rudimentary movie editing, but it not for windows, and some people have been asking importing issues about Canon 5D into Sony Vegas on Windows.

I'm new to DSLR editing and have a bunch of 5D footage for a music video I just shot, and now need to edit it. I use Sony Vegas and have a relatively not that high performance laptop (about 4 years old) that has seen me through other editing projects, but I always feel theres a bit of a loss in quality in the finished product. I thought I'd ask, or if anyone can point me in the direction of places to find information, on 5D workflow for editing in Sony Vegas. If theres no hope for Vegas and my slow computer I will look into other options such as getting new editing software or borrowing someones mac or something.

I've been annoyed that sony vegas and most other apps on my PC can't play the 5D full HD .mov files smooth. I was so excited about not having to transcode any files from shooting to editing. I have settled to transcode. But failed many times. Hope this helps anyone out there. I guess PC doesn't like handling the h.264 codec very well.

How to edit 5D H.264 MOV files in Sony Vegas smoothly? The best way is to convert 5D H.264 MOV to Sony Vegas supported format, like MEPG-2/WMV format, which is best for Sony Vegas, and then you can edit the converted videos in Sony Vegas without problems.

Software you need: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.

This software will help you to get t 5D H.264 MOV files working well in Sony Vegas. It is capable of converting a variety of hd video, blu-ray, and dvd movies to another format. And meanwhile it supports to convert to many mobile devices and editing software, like After Effects, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, and more. CUDA acceleration will give you faster conversion speed. Below is a guide for you.

Surprising news! It's time for back to school 2013. In this 2013 back to school sales season, Pavtube is holding a Back to School Campaign till Sep. 30th. Get it now you will have 20% discount (Last day Only!) for Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate and iMedia Converter for Mac. And there are free or up to 50% off on much other video software.

1. Free download and install this 5D MOV to Sony Vegas Converter, just copy the HD MOV files from the CF cards right to your hard drive, import the files to the program.

2.Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2 (*.mpg) or WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv). This format is best for Sony Vegas editing.

3.You can click "Settings" button to adjust the parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.

4.Click convert button to start converting 5D H.264 MOV to Sony Vegas.

This 20% off Ultimate Caon H.264 MOV Converter from Pavtube can convert Canon 5D H.264 MOV files to Sony Vegas with best quality and fast speed.

Once the conversion completes, you can click "Open" button to get the output files effortlessly.

Now you have got it right, just to import and edit Canon EOS 5D H.264 MOV files within Sony Vegas Pro 8/9/10/11/12 at ease.

P.S.

If you want to burn Canon 5D mov to a DVD or a DVD iso file, you can follow the guide here to learn how to burn/make a DVD from canon camera and you can get 50% off discount now. Never miss!

More info for you:

Transcode Canon EOS 6D 1080p MOV to FCP

Convert Canon T3i .mov files for editing in iMovie

Get Canon .mov footage into Adobe Premiere Pro

Import Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to Avid MC

Edit Canon 60D MOV in Movie Maker

Source: Does Sony Vegas like handling the Canon EOS-5D h.264 MOV files well
vivian68
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby HaileyLi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 am

Put DVD movie to Kindle Fire HDX 7 with 30% off DVD to Kindle Fire HDX Ripper

Description: Simplest and most reliable guide to show you how to transfer and watch DVD on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 for playback.

Since 2011, Amazon Kindle Fire is one of the hottest tablets in the market. The company has just officially refreshed its product line and introduced the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and Kindle Fire HDX 7. Kindle Fire HDX 7 has a high resolution display and high pixel density for an incredible multimedia experience. The display features over 2 million pixels for vivid, lifelike images that go beyond standard HD.

For whom have a large collection of DVDs, it couldn’t be more exciting to see DVD playback on Kindle Fire HDX 7. Wondering how to remove disc protection? Don’t how to set the best specs for Kindle Fire HDX 7? No worries, both Windows and Mac users will find your answer here.

Kindle Fire HDX 7 supported video format:

MP4, 3GP, VP8 (video playback at 720p)
Kindle Fire HDX 7 supported audio format:
Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), MP3, Non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, OGG, WAV, OGG, WAV, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB

What you need?

Pavtube DVD to Kindle Fire HDX Converter, a professional DVD Converting program to help you easily remove commercial DVD protection and transfer the movie to MP4 with best settings for Kindle Fire HDX 7.

Tips:1. Get the Mac version here: DVD to Kindle Fire HDX Converter for Mac;

2. You can get 30% off on Pavtube Halloween Big Deal now. End on Nov.6, 2013. Never miss!

3. If you want to get multiple languages in the converted video, try this DVD Ripper Pro.

Learn more special offer:

ByteCopy($42) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune ($29) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = Only 65$, Save $35

System Requirements:

Windows:

Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

DirectX Version: 9.0 or above
Memory: 64MB at least
Processor: 500MHz Intel or 500MHz AMD CPU
Hard Disc Space: 512MB or above
Optical Drive: DVD-ROM

Mac:

Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9)

Memory: 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
Display: 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
Optical Drive: DVD-ROM

How to Convert DVD to Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7

Step 1. Run this 30% off DVD to Kindle Fire HDX7 Converter; load DVD.

You can click the top left icon to load DVD from ROM, DVD IFO/ISO or DVD folder. Or you can simply drag and drop to the main interface.

Step 2. Choose Kindle Fire HDX MP4.

Click the Format drop-down list, choose "Android>Amazon Kindle Fire HD(*.mp4)" which works well for Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch. Or you can submit "kindle" in search box at the bottom right corner to quick locate this preset.

Step 3. Customize video specs (Optional).

Your can click "Settings" to free change video size, bitrate, frame rate and others. If you own a 16GB version and do not want to keep videos in large size, you can lower the bitrate settings to get smaller files.

Step 4. Start Conversion.

Now hit the big red "Convert" to start converting DVD to MP4 for Kindle Fire HDX 7. After conversion, you can click "Open output folder" to quick locate the converted video.

How to transfer media files to Kindle Fire HDX?

See Also:

Get Kindle Fire HDX 7 to Play all 1080p/720p MKV HD movies
Free Play AVCHD MTS/M2TS Videos on Kindle Fire HDX 7/8.9
Transfer and Watch Blu-ray movies on Kindle Fire HDX 7
Syncing iTunes with Kindle Fire HDX 7
Download Digital Copy to Kindle Fire HDX 7/8.9

More discount at "Patube Halloween Huge Discount?":

Free Pavtube DVD Ripper for Win/Mac
Free Pavtube Video DVD Converter Ultimate
30% OFF Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper (Windows or Mac)
20% OFF Video Converter Ultimate /iMedia Converter for Mac
20% OFF Video Converter (Windows or Mac)

Source: Easily viewing DVD movies on Kindle Fire HDX 7
HaileyLi
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems