Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Change appearance of button when pressed

Change appearance of button when pressed

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Change appearance of button when pressed

Postby OHSWE » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi!

I am new to Android and i am trying to code an app that does the following:

In my app I have three imagebuttons. And when I press the button the image should change. And when I release the button the image should change back again. So as long as I press the button the appearance of the button should change. And the same thing should happend when I press a key, for example as long as I press the "1"-key the first of my three button should change appearance (the buttons image should change).

I have search the net for examples but i havent found any. So if anyone here could help me I would be happy!

/Oskar
OHSWE
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Change appearance of button when pressed

Postby strider2023 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Well here is how you would do it...

Step 1: Make three different buttons.
Step 2: Make an xml file in your drawable folder and name it something like "button_config.xml" and copy paste the following piece of code. Please do remember to change the name of the button images you are configuring for...(here the button images names are..delete_idle and delete pressed).

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<selector xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_pressed="false" android:drawable="@drawable/delete_idle" />
    <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/delete_pressed" />
    <item android:state_focused="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/delete_pressed" />
    <item android:drawable="@drawable/delete_idle" />
</selector>

Step 3: Then where you are defining your button (i mean the layout) write the following piece of code.

Code: Select all
<Button
android:id="@+id/deletebtn"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:background="@drawable/button_config"
android:layout_x="224px"
android:layout_y="725px"
>
</Button>

Hope that helps...feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
strider2023
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Change appearance of button when pressed

Postby jonbonazza » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:39 pm

The above is the best method for doing this, however you should NEVER use exact pixels in anything android related. instead, use dp.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems