Can't keep more than one app on G1 Dev Phone Hardware

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Can't keep more than one app on G1 Dev Phone Hardware

Postby raggedtoad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 pm

I am working with an Android Dev Phone (the fully unlocked one), and I have written a number of apps for it already without issue. When I choose to run one app from within eclipse, it opens nicely on the phone, which is plugged in via USB.

However, if i run any of the other apps I have written, they seem to overwrite or take the place of the previous app I have installed. How can I keep more than one of my apps on the phone at once? I want to do some testing with intents between two custom apps and this is impossible because of this fact. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
raggedtoad
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Are you sure all of your applications have different names, namespaces, packages, apk names, ...?
MrSnowflake

Postby raggedtoad » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:16 am

I am sure my applications have different names/apk names, but I am also quite sure that they all share the same package name that I have been using for my experimentation. For example, while my ImageViewer app and my SpinnerTest app reside in completely different projects, they both share the same edu.android.test package. Is that what is causing the problem? I'll try it out.
raggedtoad
Freshman
Freshman

Postby raggedtoad » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Sorry to double-post, but I just wanted to let you know that the solution of changing my package names worked perfectly. Thanks for the help! :D
raggedtoad
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks for confirming the sollution!
MrSnowflake

Return to Other Coding-Problems