Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Buttons on AppWidgets beyond calling activities, how?

Buttons on AppWidgets beyond calling activities, how?

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Buttons on AppWidgets beyond calling activities, how?

Postby charnode » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Hello.

I tried to search for a solution to my problem, however all results didn't bring me to a solution. I have an AppWidget that reads a remote calendar server (XML data). I would like to have buttons on the widget to navigate daywise. To do so, I added an intent filter to my AppWidgetProvider representing the action that I would like to catch intents for. I have also created a PendingIntent containing the proper action. When I launch the emulator and click on one of the buttons, I see the following line:

"Starting activity: Intent {act=my.own.action.name flg=0x10000000 bnds=[31, 64][76, 117] (has extras) }"

Nothing else happens. Whenever I kick an Activity in there, I get the functionality but I am not able to make it happen without the activitiy showing up. So what is the best way to implement buttons on an AppWidget that do more than just a simple update or calling an activity? Or is that not possible at all? Any help would be appreciated very much.
charnode
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Buttons on AppWidgets beyond calling activities, how?

Postby charnode » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:32 am

... found out why it did not work and I thought it's worth a share. On the intent that I wrapped with the PendingIntent I used getActivity(...). Instead, of course, I have to use getBroadcast(...) to get the intent delivered to my AppWidgetProvider. Took me a while to find that one, but now it works :-)
charnode
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems