bluetooth on multiple activites

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

bluetooth on multiple activites

Postby outsorts » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 pm

i was making a bluetooth application using the bluetooth chat sample in the sdk.
and i need to modify it to work on new activites that i create where i just want to use the send and recieve commands in the main class such as "sendMessage(String)" function in new acitivites i create.
i want to use the send and recieve string functios after making a connection and pairing of coarse in main activity, i don't want to repeat same actions in every activity.
this question has been asked many times in stackoverflow but i didn't understand any of these answers.
so i need someone to tell me exactly what to do with examples and coding and specifically using the bluetooth chat sample in the sdk, because i have no time to try things myself because this envolves my graduation project.
thank you
outsorts
Freshman
Freshman

Re: bluetooth on multiple activites

Postby kamalika » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:39 am

Do iphone and android allow applications to communicate to other devices through bluetooth?
I think to develop applications for Android and iphone, I'm wondering if iphone SDK and Andriod let application to communicate with other devices through blue tooth.
Last edited by kamalika on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
kamalika
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: bluetooth on multiple activites

Postby outsorts » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:09 pm

kamalika wrote:Do iphone and android allow applications to communicate to other devices through bluetooth?
I think to develop applications for Android and iphone, I'm wondering if iphone SDK and Andriod let application to communicate with other devices through blue tooth.

yes they do, i'm orginally connecting my android phone with a microcontroller called arduino....... as long as you adjust something called the UUID in your application code then you can connect to any bluetooth Device.
outsorts
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems