Backgound process

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Backgound process

Postby soumen4code » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:46 am

I want to build app which will run always like a daemon process can some body send me useful link , how to build it?
I gone through the developers.google.com site for services but it is little bit tough for me can anybody sent me some site except them...
soumen4code
Developer
Developer

Re: Backgound process

Postby raj_J2ME » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm

soumen4code wrote:I want to build app which will run always like a daemon process can some body send me useful link , how to build it?
I gone through the developers.google.com site for services but it is little bit tough for me can anybody sent me some site except them...

A Service is an application component that can perform long-running operations in the background and does not provide a user interface. Another application component can start a service and it will continue to run in the background even if the user switches to another application. Additionally, a component can bind to a service to interact with it and even perform interprocess communication (IPC). For example, a service might handle network transactions, play music, perform file I/O, or interact with a content provider, all from the background.

This page will surely help you a lot, very much simpler explanation about the services.
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Service.html
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Other Coding-Problems