Avoid user to open my application folder in sdcard

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Avoid user to open my application folder in sdcard

Postby shailaja » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi
I am trying to save some data from my application in external storage (sd card). For every run it may change. And I dont want the user to modify my application folder in sdcard. I want to add some privileges to that folder to avoid to open it, modifying and deleting it from user . Is it possible in android? If yes can any one suggest me the way. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
shailaja
shailaja
Developer
Developer

Re: Avoid user to open my application folder in sdcard

Postby Phyll » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Shailaga,

Generally, you would use files that were private to your application for this. These files would exist in the data directory off the root. Something like:

/data/data/your.package.name/yourfolders/yourfiles

Other apps would not be able to access them on devices that are not rooted (normal phones). On rooted phones there is little that can really be done to keep a user from doing anything they want.

But anything on the sdcard is available when mounted on a computer as flash memory. So it is usually reserved for pictures and documents that would otherwise take up too much room in the devices built-in memory but are more or less expendable. It is also readable and writable by all the apps that have that permission on the device. This memory is also removable and could suddenly disappear so important data that could make the app crash should not be kept there.

You might also keep important data in preferences. These could only be accessed by your app.

Hope this helps.

Phyll
Phyll
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: Avoid user to open my application folder in sdcard

Postby jiaopi8888 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:20 am

The new R11S Driver is bigger, faster, more tunable and longer than the original R11 driver. A 460cc matte-white finish head is powered by a new 5-sided ASP plate, new 1.5 FCT sleeve and movable weights. With 3D Tuning, you can independently tune loft, face angle and flight path your swing.

The Tayloymade R11S Driver is the dreaming golf club of many golfers, and it has realized the innovation, adjustability, and performance we could package in a bigger, more aerodynamic, white club head. With the goal of creating the faster, longer and more tunable than ever, The TaylorMade R11S Driver has an increased range of tuning incorporated into the maximum-sized 460 cc club head. With its signature white crown and black face for alignment this driver features 3 dimensions to distance - Loft, Face Angle, and Flight Path. These technologies allow for a
completely adjustable club that will fit your game perfectly.

The Tayloymade R11S Driver for sale with best price and free shipping to most countries at Discount Golf Clubs.
jiaopi8888
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Other Coding-Problems