Android SDK version 0.9

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

Android SDK version 0.9

Postby mklocker » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:44 pm

The Android OS is going to run on a phone isn't it? In all of the code in the ApiDemos source, there is not a single example in there of how to place a call. In addition, in version 0.9, it appears that the IPhone interface was taken away with no equivalents. The IPhone interface had methods to directly initiate and end calls as well as other useful methods. As far as I can tell, in verion 0.9 ,you can can only initiate a call with an Intent and there is no way to disconnect a call. Can this be true? Someone, please prove me wrong!

I would like to create an application where I can automatically dial through a list of numbers sequentially. When the phone is hung up, the next number is dialed immediately. I can use Intent.ACTION_CALL but I don't necessary want the 'call' dialog to show up and I would like to end call and go to the next number immediately after x rings or if voicemail is detected, etc. I'm thinking with the state of the 0.9 api, this is probably not possible. Any comments.
Michael Klocker
mklocker
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby plusminus » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 pm

There is some core functionality that is not accessible to the user, because of security reasons :!:
I.e. you cannot send/receive sms without notificating the user, because of monetary costs :!:

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Other Coding-Problems